Thursday, October 31, 2013

Space marine painting competition part 2

Well, the hard part is done. I absolutely love how he's turning out. Very glad I decided to go Ultramarine because the blue of their armor clashes so well with the orange glow effect I was trying to create.

To do the shoulders, I based it with a very muddy dark brown, then to do the streaks of light I went from a lighter brown to ochre, to yellow, then with that yellow I continually added and applied white to it until finally using pure white itself. Having a hard time noticing the subtlety between the yellows? Good, it means I did my job.

The darkness of the majority of the model from basing it black and using two washes really helped sell the contrast natural light makes. The knee pads especially look great.

More photos, and with better lighting, to come once I finish the entire thing. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment