Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nephilim Jetfighter part 2

Hoo boy. I've been at this pretty much all day. Still not done, but I'm worn out and want to get out of the house. It's far enough along I thought I'd post updates.


It's funny to me when I get to this stage and everyone is all "Oh wow awesome nice job!" because I know I've still got an hour or two to go to get it to where I like. It's all in the details.

Things left to do
  • Dirty up then highlight gunmetal bits and engine to look weathered and worn, and also brighter where it should be bright
  • Add final highlights to white parts on Dark Angels/Ravenwing Emblems and candy striping
  • Apply highlights and final silver sheen to gold emblems
  • Paint lenses to look as such, such as targeting laser sight on lascannon
  • Add red highlights to candy striping and tail fin
  • Making the base pretty
It's a lot of work to do such seemingly innocuous things, trust me. It might not add a lot over where it's currently at, at a glance, but anyone who does this stuff notices it right away. (Or at least, they notice the lack of it at current.)

I also wanted to show the missiles. Just got them finished. I realize now the little targeter looking dealies in between the missiles aren't done so add that to my list of metal bits to do.
I love the way the missiles came out, truly. Sorry for the poor lighting on them, though. I still need to set up an area and get proper lamps and such to really make the photographs do justice to what I've done to the models. A hobbyman's work is never done!

Lastly, the tailfin:

The red needs a lot of work. Looks too flat currently. Shouldn't be much longer, though!

I am off to the actual game store now for Game Night, or as the army guys call it, Man-Love Thursday. Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment