Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cypher, Lord of the Fallen

Been wanting to do this guy up since I got into the hobby. Cypher is one of if not my favorite character in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Always loved the model in all its icky old sculpt goodness. I finally have the talent to make it look better than the sculpt so I picked him up and, Whee!

I'll try to get better photographs when I can. Been talking with a roommate about it. Once I get a hobby drill to bore out holes in my bolters, I plan on getting some really nice pro shots done. In the meantime, we'll continue with horribly brown desks and cardboard.

On the paint job itself, figured I'd stick with dark angels colors including red spot colors to line his robes because it just looks good, and it fits. Stuck with the turquoise for the plasma gun too because it feels more mellow than a harsh white-blue. Decided to tarnish up all the gold with the Oxide paint GW put out toward the end of last year and glad I did because it adds age to the model.

Favorite feature though is his face. I darkened above his nose so no matter what angle you look at, its shadowed. Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment